I have being doing makeup for fifteen years now. I started when I was in college and taking my theater classes. I was always interested in special effects and making things, so when the need to make some prosthetic masks for the theatre company of the university came, I could not resist. This was the start of my career, as I immediately started working in professional theater in Puerto Rico with the mayor producers and in local films as a Special Effects Makeup artist. I taught classes at Instituto Fontecha and a theater makeup class at the Universidad del Sagrado Corazon.
In 2204 I decided to come to Orlando to formally study the art of Makeup at the Joe Blasco Makeup Center East. After finishing my course I decided to bring my family here. Since then I have being working in local theater plays, low budget films, student films and at the moment I’m working as a makeup artist at a MAC cosmetics store in Orlando. I plan to keep growing in the makeup industry as I keep polishing my skills and acquiring new ones so I can teach my class to other people interested in learning the craft.
MAC Cosmetics Artist 2008 - Present
Cover for “Whore” graphic novel
Cover for “fallen Angel” graphic novel
Chiara’s “2am”- music video
L&M Photography – Several photo shoots
John Overton - Wind ads Spirit Photography
School of Violence - Short film
Now Hiring? - Feature
Same time next Year - Theater Play
Parece que fue ayer - TV miniseries
Amores extraños - TV film
Several theater productions with the Universidad de Puerto Rico Traveling Theater company.
Sueño de una Noche de Verano
El Sacrificio de Isaac
El Jorobado De Notre Damme
El lazarillo de tormes
Skills and accomplishments
· Certified in; Focus Demo, PHD, Advanced 1 & 2, Application, PS, Lesson and UMS. I have also passed the Fashion Show Prep with Fred Vellon.
· Thought a one on one session to Romero Jennings (Director of Makeup Artistry for MAC Cosmetics). Built custom prosthetics for him and discuss the technique to apply them.
· I have facilitated at multiple updates, and helped at Master Classes as Product Specialist and facilitated with Fred Vellon as an airbrush artist for the character Master Class.
· I have facilitated at multiple successful GNO’s and technique classes at MAC Pro Millennia.
· I also collaborate with the trainers facilitating pro workshops at the store.
· Zombie play shop for MAC artists in the region.
· Makeup artist for the Mall at Millennia Fashion Week 2011.
· Makeup artist for Venomous Villains and Glitter and Ice industry level events 2010-2011.
· Makeup artist for the Orlando Magic Dancers at the 2012 NBA All Star Weekend press conference.
· Makeup artist at the 2012 NBA All Star Weekend.
· Makeup artist for the Winter Park Fashion Week.
· Body painted for Posh Paradise MAC Cosmetics event at Florida Mall.
· Participated in the first artist round table with Jung Kendall.
· Body painter and artist coordinator for the Viva Glam Party 2008-2011.
· Makeup artist for two music videos of local artists.
· Key Makeup artist backstage at TTT 2012 for Glamour Daze.
· Official makeup artist for the Florida State Classic Cup.
· Backstage makeup artist for MAC Cosmetics’ Archie’s Girls Industry Level Event at Mall at Millennia
· Backstage makeup Artist for AC Cosmetics’ Archie’s Girls AA Event at Florida Mall
· Fairies and Goblins Play shop class for MAC artist
· Makeup artist for the Orlando Magic Dancers Swimsuit Photo shoot
· Makeup Artist for the MAC Cosmetics Marilyn Monroe Industry Level Event at Mall at Millennia
· Makeup artist for Victoria Secret Fashion Show For a business conference in Orlando, Fl
· Makeup Artist for LeJeune Artistry.